To create an account, please click here. By creating an account, users can save work between visits, submit written reviews of CORE materials, and upload materials for inclusion in CORE.
In CORE, you will be identified using the first part of the e-mail address associated with your account (i.e. the information before the @).
ARHP is committed to protecting users' personal information. In no case will e-mail addresses be shared with any third party without explicit permission.
Log In FAQs
Your username is the e-mail address you provided when creating your account.
To retrieve your password, click here.
To change your username and/or password
Login to CORE
Click on Account Settings at the top of the page. On the Account Settings page, enter a new username and/or password in the respective field.
Click Save and a message will appear on the screen to indicate the information has been updated.
CORE Materials FAQs
There are currently 17 reproductive health categories in CORE.
- Abortion Care
- Adolescent Health
- Emergency Contraception
- Gynecologic Disorders
- Male Reproductive Health
- Reproductive Cancers
- Reproductive Genetics
- Reproductive Health and the Environment
- Sex and Sexuality
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Urologic and Gynecologic Disorders
ARHP regularly updated users as new materials are added to CORE. To receive these periodic e-mail alerts, register here.
ARHP encourages submissions of reproductive health educational presentations, PowerPoint slides, and other materials including handouts, learning activities, case studies, images, and videos. All submitted materials will be peer reviewed for possible inclusion in CORE. Click here for more information.
Materials in CORE are thoroughly referenced. Citation of the original source(s), where appropriate, is encouraged. In cases where it is necessary to cite CORE as the direct source, please use the following examples to determine the most appropriate citation format.
Example of how to cite a complete PowerPoint presentation from CORE:
ARHP Clinical Advisory Committee for Manual Vacuum Aspiration Education Partnership Project. Options for Early Pregnancy Loss: MVA and Medication Management [PowerPoint presentation]. Washington, DC: Association of Reproductive Health Professionals (ARHP). 2004 Dec [updated 2007 Feb]. Available at www.core.arhp.org. Accessed May 1, 2007.
Example of how to cite an individual PowerPoint slide from CORE:
Trussell J. Use of ECPs: Advance v. On Demand [PowerPoint slide]. Washington, DC: Association of Reproductive Health Professionals (ARHP). 1999 May [updated 2007 Apr]. Available at www.arhp.org/core. Accessed May 1, 2007.
Example of how to cite a learning activity, handout, case study, or other material from CORE:
Patient Counseling and Emotions [handout]. Washington, DC: Association of Reproductive Health Professionals (ARHP). 2004 Mar [updated 2007 Apr]. Available from www.core.arhp.org. Accessed May 1, 2007.
All materials in CORE are in English. ARHP offers some patient education materials in other languages.
To rate materials you do not need to be logged in to CORE. You can rate material by clicking on the thumbs up or thumbs down symbols on the right side of the screen under the Details section.
To submit a written review of a material you must be logged in to CORE. Review materials by clicking on the link in the Slide Reviews box and type in your comment.
Saving and Downloading Materials FAQs
The My Tray feature allows you to build and manipulate presentations and other compilations of materials within CORE. You can add any material to My Tray by clicking on the Add this to My Tray button on the green toolbar above the material. You do not have to be logged in to place materials in My Tray.
- View materials by type: view only one type of material by clicking on the buttons on the left side of the screen
- Reorder slides: drag and drop slides into the desired order (this functionality exists for Slides ONLY)
- Remove any material: click the "x" in the top right corner of the material
- Save this session: log into CORE and click on My Tray at the top right side (near Login) and you will be prompted to save your session by naming your session. Users may only save 5 sessions, and saved sessions automatically expire 6 months after the last update (you will receive an e-mail reminder before your saved session expires).
- View previously saved sessions: log into CORE, click on My Tray at the top right side (near Login), and click on the title of the previously saved session under Saved Sessions
- Export this session: all materials in the session will be exported into a zip file
- Clear session: all materials from your current session will be removed
Download materials by clicking the Download button on the green toolbar. The materials will be downloaded in a zip file.
E-mail Alerts FAQs
To sign up for e-mail alerts, complete the short form here.
CORE update e-mails are sent periodically (generally once every 1-2 months) to keep users updated about new materials added to CORE. If at any time you do not want to continue receiving e-mail alerts, feel free to unsubscribe.
ARHP is committed to protecting users' personal information and will not share your e-mail address with any third party without explicit permission.